I am cuckoo for coconuts and chocolate. So imagine my delight when I found this chocolate ice cream recipe at Food Matters (foodmatters.tv). Sounds too easy and delicious not to try it!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 cup of cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup of pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp of raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp of pure vanilla extract
WHAT TO DO
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Run the mixture through an ice cream machine as per instructions.
- If you don’t have an ice cream machine, place in the freezer in a large container and freeze until firm (approx. 4 hours), removing every hour to whisk with a fork.
- Serve and enjoy with minimal guilt.
What do you think?
More Healthy Reading:
Turmeric Smoothie – So Tasty You Won’t Believe It Has One of the Most Powerful Antioxidants In The World!