I’m never eating cauliflower in any other form from now on. Only in this soup recipe. It’s too good to waste cauliflower on anything else. If you’ve been looking for a delicious cauliflower soup recipe you’ve come to the right place. How is it that cauliflower can be made to taste so good?
I seriously had to put this soup away as soon as it cooled, because I kept slurping it from the ladle as I passed by. That’s when you know you’ve made a great soup. It’s luxurious and silky. This coconut-creamed cauliflower soup is infused with spices like cardamom, cumin, coriander, and turmeric. So good, it’s the only cauliflower soup you’ll ever want to make.
- 1 Tbsp. olive or coconut oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, diced
- 1 bay leaf (don’t forget to pull it out before you blend the soup)
- 1 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric (take turmeric everyday)
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp. ground cardamom
- dash of ground black pepper
- sprinkling of crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 large head of cauliflower, roughly chopped to the same size
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- fresh dill (for garnish – optional)
In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium-low. Add the onion and the spices, except for the garlic. Saute, stirring occasionally until the onions become translucent, about 10 minutes. Then, add the garlic and saute another few minutes.
Add the vegetable broth and cauliflower and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and allow to cook for about 15 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender.
Remove from heat and transfer carefully to your Vitamix. Blend on high (allowing steam to vent) for a few minutes, until silky and smooth.
Transfer back to the soup pot and stir in the coconut milk and vinegar. Bring back to heat over low, ensuring it doesn’t boil.
Serve hot and topped with fresh dill and ground black pepper, if you like.
What do you think?
More Healthy Reading:
Turmeric Smoothie – So Tasty You Won’t Believe It Has One of the Most Powerful Antioxidants In The World!