If your idea of a great barbecue has always included beef burgers, but you’re on a journey toward a plant-based diet, you may want to try this Raw Beet Burger recipe created by Bethany from Lilsipper and shared by Healthy Mama on Food Matters (foodmatters.tv). I’m not quite sold on the idea of a raw beet burgers, but it sure looks delicious.
If you’re a fan of beets, this may be the perfect idea for you. Let us know if this burger version “beets” the traditional meat burger.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 cup beet pulp (from juiced beets or grated fresh beetroot)
- 1/3 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- spices of choice to taste
- medium portobello mushrooms
- favorite condiments
WHAT TO DO
- Process first 4 ingredients in a bullet sized blender until almonds are finely ground (about 15-20 seconds). Divide into 2 parts, and form into patties (think or thin, your choice)
- Heat skillet with coconut oil, then sear with a lid covering skillet until you can see it starting to brown and crisp. Flip and repeat for other side.
- Serve on portobello “buns” with condiments of choice.
What do you think?
More Healthy Reading:
Turmeric Smoothie – So Tasty You Won’t Believe It Has One of the Most Powerful Antioxidants In The World!