I love pizza and I know I’m not the only one! 🙂 The problem, of course, is all the carbs in the dough. Cauliflower pizza crust doesn’t taste like pizza dough but it definitely tastes like pizza when it’s all put together with your favorite toppings!
1 cup riced, then cooked cauliflower
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp italian seasonings
1/2 tsp crushed garlic
1/2 tsp salt
pizza sauce & toppings of your choice
1. To rice the cauliflower, cut florets into chunks and pulse in a food processor until you see rice-like bits. You could also use a cheese grater to produce the tiny pieces. Do not over process, you don’t want mush.
2. Microwave the riced cauliflower in a bowl for 5-8 minutes depending on your microwave. No need to add water. After microwaving, transfer riced cauliflower to a fine mesh strainer and drain completely, gently pressing out excess water. Once drained, transfer riced cauliflower to a cheesecloth and wrap the sides around the cauliflower while gently pressing out excess water. This drying process is important!
3. One large head of cauliflower will yield about 3 cups of riced cauliflower. Use it to make more pizzas immediately, or store in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
4. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup riced, cooked cauliflower, 1 egg and your parmesan cheese. Next, add Italian seasonings, crushed garlic and salt. Making sure everything is well mixed, place your “dough” on the cookie sheet and pat out a 9″ round. Be sure not to press it too thin as it’s easy to create holes.
5. Bake your dough at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
6. Remove from oven. Add sauce, mozzarella cheese, and your favorite pre-cooked toppings to your pizza. Place pizza under broiler just until cheese is melted, be sure to keep an eye on it!
What do you think?
More Healthy Reading:
Turmeric Smoothie – So Tasty You Won’t Believe It Has One of the Most Powerful Antioxidants In The World!